PACKARD BELL MULTIMEDIA SPEAKERS
This device is included with selected models only!
Hurricane Multimedia Speakers
Two-piece multimedia speaker system.
- Specially designed for use with multimedia computers.
The Hurricane system provides you with two 4W (RMS) desktop or monitor
mounted stereo speakers.
Before installation make sure that your computer and your monitor are powered
- Connect the right-side speaker's output cable (light-brown connector) to
the left speaker input socket (see illustration below).
- Connect the Line-out cable (lime green connector) to the Line-out jack on
your computer (see illustration below).
Power supply connection
- Plug the power lead (purple connector) into the AC socket situated on the
rear panel of the computer chassis (see illustration below).
Mounting the Speakers on Packard Bell Monitors
Certain Packard Bell Monitors are equipped with slots for Hurricane speakers.
Hooks can be folded out from the sides of the speakers (see illustration below).
These fit into slots on each side of the monitor. Carefully thread the hook
into the top of the slot, then slide the speaker down until it fixes in place.
If no slots are visible, then position the speakers as desired on your desk.
Hurricane general specifications:
- Continuous average power output (RMS) 2 x 4 W (RMS)
- Total harmonic distortion (60-20 KHz/1 W) < 1% at rate power
- Frequency bandwidth 90 Hz - 20 KHz
- Signal to noise ratio 86 dB
- Amp sensitivity 300 mV
- Dynamic headroom < 2 dB
- Number of transducers 1 per speaker (2 per set)
- Transducer diameter 75 mm (full range)
- Applied power DC 12 V / 1.0 A
- Ambient working temperature 25° C +/- 3° C for rated performance
- Ambient working humidity 65% +/- 5% for rated performance
- 1 Volume control button on right speaker front
- 1 Headphone jack 3.5 mm on right speaker front
- 1 Line-in RCA on back of right speaker for link with left speaker